Saturday, May 9, 2015

MOTHERS

Being a mother is the most responsible job there is. I have found that being a mother is very fulfilling. As a mother, you provide a home filled with love for your children. You prepare their food and make sure they are well nourished. You make  sure they are clothed for the weather. It is important to provide them security.

As I recall my mother, I think of all the sacrifices she made for us children. We were her pride and joy. There were nine of us but we were each made to feel like an only child. We were all special in her eyes. Our birthdays were very special. If we were sick she made sure we were treated with  special care.

My mother was an excellent seamstress. I could show her a photo of a dress, skirt or blouse in a magazine or catalog and she could make one just like it for me. She spent her evenings sewing clothes, embroidering, or making quilts. Her days were filled with keeping the house and cooking for work hands and the family. She also tended her garden, chickens, and cows.

Mother always managed to save money from her business ventures, sellings eggs, cream from the milk, or sewing for others. She was always redoing some room in the house with her money.

She always made sure we did our homework and had a proper place to study. She attended our school functions when we were in plays or special events.

Most of all our mother taught us responsibility. Be responsible for what you do. Take claim of your actions. If you make a mistake own up to it and move on without continuing in guilt. Always tell the truth and you will not have to remember a lie. Truth is justice.

I must have instilled some very good practices in all of our children. They have all remembered me on Mother's Day. They always treat me with respect and love. They have all become responsible adults. I am very proud of all of them. No one could have better children. I am truly blessed. God bless all of you.

May 9, 2015

1 comment:

  1. I think the things you wrote about your mother are definitely things we could say about you too. Thanks for being the terrific mom and teaching me how to mother my own children.

    ReplyDelete